The course PGDSS (Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Science) provides a chance for learners to deepen their knowledge on sustainable development and the principles of sustainability science. It expands the capacities of learners on numerous theoretical and sensible aspects of sustainable development. The minimum and maximum duration of this course are 1 and 4 years, respectively.
It principally focuses on the principles and genesis of sustainable development, its tools, implementation and assessment methods in a very holistic means.
Some of the fundamental objectives of the programme are as follows:
- To provide chance to the learners to deepen their knowledge and understanding regarding sustainable development and therefore the principles of sustainability science.
- To expand capacities of learners on varied theoretical and sensible aspects of sustainable development.
- To develop skilled information and skills in formulation, implementation, observation and analysis of sustainable development projects and programmes.
- PGDSS holders are going to be totally equipped toserve varied Government and NGOs handling atmosphere, developmentand sustenance enhancements.
- Supervisory graduates World Health Organization complete these credentials are going to be the potential candidates appropriate for employment at the grassroots, higher-up and different middle level positions in setting and Development sector.
- The programme conjointly strengthen the potency and effectiveness of in-service personnel environment in Government and Non-Government Organizations, personal or company sectors and handling varied property development comes and programmes viz., staff of theInstitutes/NGOs, personal or company sectors operating in varied property Development projects; Programme Officers, Project Officers, analysis Investigators, and analysis Assistants handling atmosphere and development problems in varied International and National Organizations.
Also read :IGNOU Projects – IGNOU Project Zone
Also read : ignou.ac.in/userfiles/Project Handbook.pdf
OBJECTIVES OF THE IGNOU PGDSS SYNOPSIS
The following are the specific objectives to enable the learner within this framework:
- Identify and formulate analysis problems;
- Write a decent analysis proposal;
- Identify and use applicable analysis design;
- Conduct scientific investigation in an exceedingly systematic way;
- Collect and analyse the data;
- Learn to use applicable statistical strategies.
PREPATATION/FORMULATION OF IGNOU PGDSS PROJECT REPORT/DISSERTATION/THESIS
The learners have to select a specific space in which they find themselves inquisitive. Then, in consultation with the Guide, they need to pick a specific topic for their project work.
The project proposal is a broad view of the elaborate work to be undertaken by the learner.
The size of the project report depends on the character of the theme of the project you have got designated. However, it’s fascinating that the project report ought to be around one hundred pages typewritten in double space. The report mustbe in an A4 size sheet.
The format to make a report is mentioned below.
|1||TITLE||The initial page of the report ought to indicate the title of the project, name of the candidate, address, enrolment number and year. 1. Certificate 2. Acknowledgement 3. Table of Contents|
|2||INTRODUCTION||This section can introduce the matter.It ought to be able togive a thought to thereader what the subjectis all regarding, how didthe topic emerge, andwhat made theresearcher take-upthe topic. Theintroduction shouldcontain a brief explanationand purpose of theresearch.|
|3||REVIEW OF THE LITERATURE||Review of literature is a collective body of works are done by earlier researchers and published within the kindof books, journals, articles. It helps in generating concepts and developing vital questions for the research work.|
|4||SIGNIFICANCE||The elaborated explanation for carrying out a particular project is explained here.|
|5||OBJECTIVE / HYPOTHESIS||This can primarilyconsist of the different objectives or purpose of the analysis. For example, to check and examine the effect of family environment on the self-concept of the students. A hypothesis is also provided which may be a tentative statement regarding the cause and result about the relationship between the independent anddependent variables.|
|6||METHODOLOGY||The methodology majorly includes Sample, different Tests/Tools, and Statistical Analysis. The size and nature of the sample candepend on the subjectselected. Tests/ tools are to be designatedbased on the objectives of the analysis. The data collected with the assistance of the tests/ tools arethen analysed by usingappropriate applied statisticaltechniques and strategies.|
|7||RESULT AND DISCUSSION||The findings of theresearch of thestatistical analysis ofdata arereported in tabularand graphical form. Then, this has to be mentionedin detail in theexisting analysisstudies. Furthermore, theimplications of the findingsare additionallydiscussed.|
|8||CONCLUSIONS||Under this heading,the learner shouldconclude the findingsof the analysis.|
|9||DELIMITATION||Constraints andlimitations of theresearch is mentioned here.|
|10||SUGGESTIONS||Based on the analysisfindings, the learnercan provide suggestionsfor any analysisin a specific space.|
|11||REFERENCES (APA STYLE)||References got tobe written in APAformat and it must be alphabeticallylisted.|